The nunnery has a very interesting history of its creation. In 1638, during the Procession of the Cross, the believers carried the icon of Mother of God (Theotokos) from the Abalaksky Monastery to Tobolsk. In the village of Shantalik, the local peasant brought his daughter Anna to the icon, blind from birth, and the girl suddenly began to see. In that miracle place, it was decided to found a cloister, which was originally a monastery; in 1864 the brothers were transferred to the Abalaksky Monastery, and the cloister became a nunnery. The sisters of the Ioanno-Vvedensky Nunnery took care of others, helped, among other things, the royal family that was in Tobolsk in the exile. They sent food, milk, and warm clothes to the royal family. The nuns sang for them at divine services. In memory of this attention and care, an icon of the Royal Passion-Bearers has already been written specially for the nunnery. Now it is in the church of John the Baptist.
No one has left a review here yet, be the first!
In order to leave a review, please log in